Monday, January 30, 2012

Can anyone tell me where I can access legislation responsible for the Japanese internment in WWII?

This is for a school project I'm working on and I need to find a site or something similar that would hold information about this. Any help would be appreciated.Can anyone tell me where I can access legislation responsible for the Japanese internment in WWII?It was not a legislative act by the US Congress, but an Executive Order by the President FD Roosevelt that was the legal basis for the internment. The Order was subsequently upheld by the US Supreme Court as a legal power of the President in wartime acting in his capacity as Commander in Chief of the military forces of the US, (see Korematsu vs. US, USSC), and subsequently revoked in 1988 by an Act of Congress. Canada did the same to Japanese-Canadians living on its west coast.Can anyone tell me where I can access legislation responsible for the Japanese internment in WWII?United States Executive Order 9066 was a United States presidential executive order signed and issued during World War II by U.S. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt on February 19, 1942 ordering Japanese Americans to internment camps.



see link below

No comments:

Post a Comment