Monday, January 30, 2012

When you criticize a piece of legislation passed by Congress, do you read it first?

Or do you just form an opinion based on what others say--kind of like some of the people in Congress do?When you criticize a piece of legislation passed by Congress, do you read it first?Like ALL in congress do regarding the 1000 page stimulus bill that came out at noon the day it was voted on, you mean?



I'll read them when they do. I at least read the parts I object to.



And some I read in their entirety.



But isn't that the point of their making them so long? to make them 'unreadable' and give members deniability? "Gee, I NEVER knew that was in there!" as if that were not in itself criminal if they vote for the bill?



Ron Paul's bills are short, and readable.



Take a look at this one, HR 1207 to have the Federal Reserve audited: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext鈥?/a>
  • pick a part
  • new cd releases
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment